- Do not ream the bore. A rough bore, especially in hard steel, helps the expander to grip better. Best Rz is 10 ... 40um. See here.
- Do not force the Expander into the bore by knocking onto the ball. If it does not go in itself, the bore is either too small, has burrs, is not clean or is out of round.
- The MB Expander can be used in a plain bore if at assembly firm support is provided from the opposite side.
- Overall performance is directly dependent on the condition of the bore (e.g. hardness, roughness, edge distance, temperature). Get full information from the Expander Design Guidelines and the KOENIG Technical Documentation. An engineer's analysis and QA control are recommended.
- Detailed dimensions of the assembly punches are here. Material is toolsteel hardened to 50HRc.
- The ball's hardness is 45HRc. It can thus be drilled by a carbide drill. Detailed removal instructions are here.